Delicious Samosa Recipe
Samosa Recipe: Samosas are a popular snack that originated in the Indian subcontinent and are now enjoyed all over the world. They are triangular-shaped pastries filled with spiced vegetables or meat and are deep-fried until golden brown. Here’s a detailed recipe for making delicious samosas at home:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups boiled and mashed potatoes
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp chopped green chili
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp amchur powder (dry mango powder)
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep-frying
Instructions For Samosa Recipe:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, and carom seeds. Add the oil and mix until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Gradually add water, a little at a time, and knead the dough until it is smooth and elastic. Cover the dough and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- In a separate pan, heat some oil over medium heat. Add the cumin seeds and let them sizzle.
- Add the chopped onions and sauté until they turn golden brown.
- Add the grated ginger and chopped green chili and sauté for another minute.
- Add the green peas and cook for 2-3 minutes until they are tender.
- Add the mashed potatoes and mix well.
- Add the red chili powder, garam masala powder, amchur powder, and salt to taste. Mix well and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Divide the dough into small lemon-sized balls. Roll out each ball into a thin disc.
- Cut the disc in half to make two semi-circles. Take one semi-circle and fold it into a cone shape, overlapping the edges.
- Fill the cone with 1-2 tablespoons of the potato filling. Close the top of the cone by pressing the edges together.
- Repeat the process with the remaining dough and filling.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, gently slide in the samosas and fry until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the samosas from the oil using a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Serve the samosas hot with tamarind chutney or mint chutney.
Enjoy your homemade samosas!
Tips💡 for Samosa Recipe:
- Fry the samosas in hot oil until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Serve the samosas hot with tamarind or mint chutney for dipping.
- Use a combination of potatoes and peas as the filling. This is the classic samosa filling and it’s delicious.
- Make sure the samosa dough is rolled out thin enough so that it cooks through and becomes crispy.
- Don’t over-stuff the samosas, as this can cause them to break open during frying.
- Add spices like cumin, coriander, garam masala, and chili powder to the filling mixture for added flavor.