Aloo Methi Recipe
Aloo methi is a popular vegetarian dish from the Indian subcontinent, made with potatoes (aloo) and fresh fenugreek leaves (methi). This dish is healthy, flavorful and easy to prepare. The combination of soft potatoes and the slightly bitter flavor of fenugreek leaves makes it a favorite among vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike. It is typically served with roti, naan or rice.
Here is a detailed recipe for aloo methi:
- 4 medium-sized potatoes (aloo)
- 2 cups fresh fenugreek leaves (methi)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Wash the fenugreek leaves thoroughly and chop them finely. Set them aside.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into small cubes.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. Once they start to splutter, add ginger paste and garlic paste. Sauté for a minute.
- Add the chopped potatoes to the pan and mix well. Cover the pan and cook on low heat for 8-10 minutes or until the potatoes are partially cooked.
- Add coriander powder, cumin powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, and salt. Mix everything well.
- Add the chopped fenugreek leaves and mix well. Cover the pan and cook on low heat for another 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are fully cooked and the fenugreek leaves are wilted.
- Serve hot with roti, naan, or rice.
Your delicious aloo methi is ready to be enjoyed!
Note: You can also add some chopped onions and tomatoes to this dish for added flavor.
- Cut the potatoes into small cubes to ensure even cooking.
- Use fresh spices for maximum flavor. You can also dry roast the spices before using them to enhance their flavor.
- Adjust the spice levels according to your preference. If you prefer a milder dish, reduce the amount of red chili powder.
- Cover the pan while cooking the potatoes and fenugreek leaves to ensure they are fully cooked and tender.
- You can add some water to the pan if the potatoes are sticking to the bottom.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves for a pop of color and flavor.
- Serve the aloo methi hot with your favorite bread or rice.
Next👉: Delicious Mixed Vegetable Recipe | Healthy and Versatile Dish